Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Unbound

I didn't think I could fall in love with this author or this series any more...I was wrong.

Victoria Schwab has created a world I am desperate to live in. I can't get enough of this series! I want to shout from the rooftops to everyone in range to read these books.











If you have read any of my reviews you have quickly come to realize that I break one "important" rule and I judge my books by their covers.

I originally picked up The Archived when checking in a cart of brand new YA books and thought it was GORGEOUS!

I read the explanation and knew that I had to read it. The cover for The Unbound is equally fabulous.

I also have to say if there isn't a book 3, I don't know how I will deal with that. I NEED a book 3. This is beyond a want. I can just immerse myself in this world and not even think of anything else. I have to immerse myself in it. I'm not ready to let go.

The new characters were a lot of fun in this book. I was quite pleased that the introduction of Cash didn't cause a full on brawl between him and Wesley (Guyliner), because I would have been pretty disappointed. There was some hinting toward a love triangle, but it never went beyond slight flirtation really, and I loved that. You could tell both boys had some interest and there was a slight tension during interactions between both boys and Mackenzie. It felt real and even I felt conflicted and a little unsure what would happen...even though we all know that Guyliner is the way to go.

Mackenzie. I adore her. She is so strong and feels real to me. I want to be her best friend...or just be her. She is so beautifully flawed and so great. Even though she was being "independent" it really translated to "Stop being so dumb and talk to Wesley! Ack!" in my head, but you can't help but understand how she feels. I love that she doesn't depend solely on him to solve her problems and wants that independence and doesn't want to have to rely on anyone but herself and what her grandfather taught her. Like I said, I want to be her. I think at the end of the day she is a stronger person than I am.

 I am a grandpa's girl. I didn't really have a father growing up, I had my grandpa. He is someone I look up to and what he says/does/thinks matters. I relate to Mackenzie's strong feelings for that relationship she holds on to.

Enough babbling. Just do yourself a favor and read these books. Grab a cup pot of coffee and stay up all night getting lost in this wonderful world.


No comments :

Post a Comment